How to Apply for US Visa Waiver Program

If you live in certain countries and have a need to travel to the United States, you may be eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). This program allows citizens of 38 countries traveling on a single-entry visa to enter the US for up to 90 days without having their passports stamped.

How to Apply for US Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program allows citizens of 40 countries to visit the United States without a visa for up to 90 days for business or tourism. These purposes must be the same as for the B1 or B2 visa.

The program is managed by the Department of Homeland Security and was designed to improve security for visitors to the United States while also allowing US citizens to travel to the other 40 countries freely. It benefits both parties and, most importantly, makes travel much safer.

You will not need to apply for a visa if you meet the necessary criteria and are from a country with which the US has good relations. The only document required to enter the United States is a stamp in your passport indicating that you are a member of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

US Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program allows citizens of 38 countries to enter the United States without a visa. This program is designed to make travel easier for people from countries that have a low incidence of immigration violations, and can be beneficial for students and businesspeople who want to visit the U.S., but are concerned about having their visas processed by the consular office at their home country's embassy or consulate.

The breakdown costs would be $105 per person (subject to change) with an additional $20 per person if you need an e-visa application fee paid electronically through https://www.dhsimmonsphibetasylexperiencecentercom/e-visa/.


The 40 Visa Waiver Countries are the following:

Andorra (1991),  Australia (1996),  Austria (1991), 
Belgium (1991),  Brunei (1993),  Chile (2014), 
Czechia (2008) Denmark (1991),  Estonia (2008), 
Finland (1991),  France (1989),  Germany (1989)
Greece (2010) Hungary (2008) Iceland (1991)
Ireland (1995) Italy (1989) Japan (1988)
South Korea (2008) Latvia (2008) Liechtenstein (1991)
Lithuania (2008) Luxembourg (1991) Malta (2008)
Monaco (1991) Netherlands (1989) New Zealand (1991)
Norway (1991) Poland (2019) Portugal (1999)
San Marino (1991) Singapore (1999) Slovakia (2008)
Slovenia (1997) Spain (1991) Sweden (1989)
Switzerland (1989) Taiwan (2012) United Kingdom (1988)
Croatia (2021)

Eligibility for the Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program is for citizens of 38 countries who can travel to the United States without a visa. If you are traveling on holiday or business, this program may be right for you.

The eligibility requirements include:

  • You must have a valid passport (or other approved travel document).
  • Your country must be listed in the Visa Waiver Program list.

The following countries are currently not eligible for this program: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Burundi/Rwanda/Uganda/Zambia (only nationals), Chad (only nationals), Congo-Brazzaville/Congo-Kinshasa/DRC Democratic Republic of Congo; Cuba; Guinea; Iraq; Laos People's Democratic Republic; Libya People's Democratic Republic - North Africa which includes parts of Egypt and Tunisia Morocco Oman Pakistan Qatar Saudi Arabia Sudan Syria Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Yemen.

Do I Qualify for the Visa Waiver Program to Visit the United States?

To be eligible for the US Visa Waiver Program, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be a citizen of one of the 40 permitted countries.
  • Have ESTA approval for a visa waiver.
  • You should have an e-passport.
  • Demonstrate that you intend to return to your home country after your VWP stamp expires.

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an electronic program developed by the United States to expedite the Visa Waiver application process. The only thing you have to do is go to its website and enter your personal information to find out if you qualify for the Visa Waiver.

The e-passport is a document required to apply for the VWP's Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). The e-passport differs from traditional passports in two ways:

  • It is Machine Readable, which means that there are various numbers at the bottom of the page with your personal information (See Picture 1 below)
  • It has a chip and is identified by a symbol on the front cover (See Picture 2 below)

Complete the ESTA application

The ESTA application is a short form that you can complete online. You will need to enter your passport information and any other necessary information, including the country of origin of where you are currently living or staying. You will also select which visa category best fits your needs: “business” or “tourist,” if applicable.

Once you've completed this form and submitted it through their website, they'll send back an email with an authorization code that needs to be printed out and pasted into their website before proceeding with travel plans. If all goes well (and who knows what could happen), then all will be well!

Prepare to enter the United States.

As you prepare to enter the United States, make sure to bring:

  • a passport (you can use your current one if it's valid)
  • an approved Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval letter for travel in the United States. You should receive this email from us within three days of applying for an ESTA approval. If not, contact us at [email protected] and we'll help resolve any problems.
  • sufficient funds for your trip—for example, $300 per day or more if traveling longer than six months or $150 per day as long as you plan on staying less than six months but more than 30 days. The exact amount needed depends on how much money is in your bank account right now and how long it will take until it has enough funds again after returning home.

The Benefits and Drawbacks of Traveling Under the VWP

The Visa Waiver Program has numerous advantages. You will not have to apply for a visa, which takes time, effort, and a large number of documents. You can get approved for the VWP and start planning your trip to the United States with little effort on a computer. You will also avoid long processing times, so if you are traveling for business and need to be in the US as soon as possible, the VWP will allow you to do so.

Furthermore, if you enter the United States with a VWP, you can visit Canada, Mexico, and other nearby islands for the duration of your VWP's validity. So, if you reenter the United States during the VWP's validity period, you will have no problems. Other visas do not allow you to do so.

What if I am unable to obtain a Visa Waiver?

If you are not eligible for a Visa Waiver or your Electronic System for Travel Authorization application has been denied for any reason, you have one other option. You can obtain a standard US visa, such as the B1/B2 visa. If you are also denied a visa, you must check your eligibility and ensure that you are eligible for a visa to the United States. Applying for the B1 or B2 visa will save you a lot of time.

Read Now: What is the Easiest way to Immigrate to the US?

A Visa Waiver cannot be obtained if you are traveling on a non-VWP approved air or sea carrier or a private aircraft.


Can I apply for a Green Card using an American Visa Waiver?

The Visa Waiver allows you to enter the United States for tourism or business for a maximum of 90 days. You must also demonstrate that you intend to return to your home country. As a result, obtaining a Green Card while on a Visa Waiver is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

The only ways to obtain permanent residency are to have family in the United States and apply to join them, or to marry a US citizen. Even if you find work in the US, you will be unable to change your status to a different visa that allows you to work and study.

Can I bring my dependents with me if I have a USA Visa Waiver?

Each Visa Waiver granted is unique and does not apply to a group of people. So, if you and your family, such as your spouse and children, want to visit the US together, you must each be eligible for the Visa Waiver and obtain one for each member.

Even toddlers must meet the Visa Waiver criteria and have a valid passport to be eligible for the Visa Waiver. As a result, you cannot bring your dependents to the US with just one Visa Waiver, but must obtain one for each individual.


If you’re planning on traveling to the United States, it’s important to know how to apply for the Visa Waiver Program and what you need to prepare. You can find more information at

What's Your Reaction?