Apply for US Visa Renewal Online
You are eligible to submit an application for a US visa renewal if you previously held a visa that has since expired. If you continue to satisfy the requirements, you will be granted the same category of visa for entry into the United States.
The US Visa Renewal application can be done online. You will need to fill up a form and upload documents required by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). There are different steps involved in submitting your application, but with the help of this guide, you will be able to do so quickly and easily.
Signup at the website
- Signup at the website
- Fill up the form
- Upload documents and make payment.
Fill up the form
- Provide your personal details:
- Full name, date of birth and passport number (if you have a US visa)
- Address in the United States
- Provide your US visa number:
- If you have an American citizen as a relative or spouse, your F1 visa will be valid for up to two years. If they do not work in the United States, then their authorization will be valid for two years until the next expiration date on their F1 visa.
- For example, if John has been approved for an employment authorization document by USCIS and does not work here yet because he hasn't signed up for any jobs yet; his EAD will still be valid until October 2020 when it expires unless he decides otherwise before then - which means that his family comes with him wherever they go!
- Upload your passport photo.
- Upload your visa photo.
- Upload the application form for renewal of a U.S visa, which can be found on the Department of State's website under "Application for a U Visitor Visa." This form is also available at any U.S Embassy or Consulate if you have an appointment booked with them before traveling to the United States (or if you're visiting another country and need to apply for a new visa).
- Submit payment receipt from our office showing that money was transferred into our account within 30 days after submitting this application online through usvisaonline@gmail.*
To make a payment, you can choose from the following options:
- Using your mobile phone: We do not accept payments through email or social media accounts.
- Using your bank account: You can use any of the following types of accounts: credit card, debit card and net banking (online). If you do not have an account with us yet, please visit our website for more information about opening one in advance.
- Using your wallet app on your smartphone or tablet device (Google Play Store): Here are some other ways to pay: Apple Pay™ is available when shopping at retail locations that accept Apple Pay; contactless payments are also accepted at participating retailers who support contactless payments; check out our list of retailers that currently offer mobile wallet payment options!
If you have applied for a U.S. visa renewal, you can check the status of your application once it has been received by the U.S Department of State (DOS). You will receive an email notification when your application has been received and processed by DOS.
If there are any issues with your application, such as missing documents or incomplete information in the form, you should contact USCIS directly so that they can resolve these problems before sending out another copy of your Form I-129 with corrected supporting documentation to USCIS headquarters offices overseas or at their regional processing centers located around the world in cities such as Dallas TX; Los Angeles CA; Miami FL; New York NY; San Francisco CA; Seattle WA, etc.
Do I Have the Qualifications Necessary to Renew My US Visa?
You are eligible to submit an application for the renewal of your US visa if:
- You currently hold a valid visa, but you need to extend its validity. Therefore, if you previously held a B2 visa, you are only eligible to submit an application for a B2 visa renewal.
- Your most recent visa application was not rejected by the United States Embassy. If, after the expiration of your visa, you applied for another US visa and had that application denied, you will not be eligible to apply for a renewal visa.
- You will be able to renew a US visa that allows multiple entries and has a validity that is longer than one year.
- You are not required to make any changes to your status in order to be eligible for the renewal of your visa. Check out the different types of US visas and the requirements for each one.
- You are currently in your home country applying to have your US visa extended. If you are currently residing in the United States, you are unable to submit a renewal application.
- Your visa was valid for fewer than forty-eight months before it expired. Visas that have been expired for more than forty-eight months may occasionally still be valid for entry.
Applying for US Visa Renewal
The process to renew a US visa is nearly the same as when you first applied for it. You have to:
- Complete the online application form (Form DS-160).
- Schedule an interview appointment at the US Embassy/Consulate.
- Pay the US Visa Renewal Fee.
- Submit the required documents for US visa renewal.
- Enter the visa renewal interview.
Please note: Depending on where in the world you are applying to renew your US visa, the order in which you must complete certain steps of the application process could be different. For instance, to renew a US visa in the Philippines, you must pay the fee first before completing the application form and scheduling an appointment. On the other hand, in India, you must pay the fee only after you have scheduled an appointment before you can pay the fee.
Make Arrangements for an Interview Appointment
You are required to visit the website of the US Embassy or Consulate in your country in order to schedule an appointment with one of their offices. You should be able to find both their phone number and specific instructions regarding how you should proceed listed on their website.
In addition, the United States Department of State operates an online platform for the scheduling of interviews (here). You are exempt from having to re-register there if you did so the first time you applied for a visa if you were already registered there. Your information for logging in will be saved.
However, the process for making an appointment for an interview can vary from country to country, so before you do anything else, you should make sure to get in touch with the Embassy and collect all of the pertinent information. Here you will find a list of all of the United States Embassies and Consulates that are located throughout the world.
Pay the US Visa Renewal Fee
Before you enter the US visa renewal interview and submit your completed application, you have to pay the US visa fee. This fee is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of your application, and you can pay it in one of the following methods:
- At a bank in cash, using a receipt that you download online
- By debit card (online)
- When you appear for your interview at the Embassy, you pay the fee in cash
The mode of payment required of you will be determined by the country in which you are making your application. There will be some variation in the timing of the payment based on the country that you are from. In certain circumstances, you are required to pay the fee before proceeding with anything else because you will need the receipt for the fee in order to finish the DS-160 application.
What if Your US Visa Renewal Application Is Denied?
In the event that your request to renew your visa is declined, the consular services of the United States will explain the basis for their decision. The most common reasons for denying visa applications to the United States are insufficient supporting documentation and skepticism regarding the applicant's reasons for wanting to visit the country. If your request for a visa to the United States is denied, you have the option of submitting an application for a waiver of ineligibility.
We have given you all the information you need to apply for US visa renewal online. Now, it's your time to do it and get it done successfully!