What is the Easiest way to Immigrate to the US?

Regardless of how much you want to immigrate to the United States, it can be challenging. Many barriers stand in the way of an individual or family immigrating to this country. If you’re planning on immigrating to the USA, specific requirements, need to be met. These include health-related and nationality-based conditions. If you meet all of the requirements and want to immigrate to the U.S., there are several different ways that you can do so.

What is the Easiest way to Immigrate to the US?

The United States has become a top destination for international students. With many opportunities and a highly educated workforce, the U.S. is an excellent place to grow old and retire. The flip side is that settling in new home soil can be challenging. For this reason, many people seeking to immigrate to the USA choose another country as a gateway into American life. If you are ready to start exploring your options, check out our list of the easiest ways to immigrate to the USA.

The H1B visa is the most common type of visa used by immigrants to the US; over 65% of tickets given out every year are H1B's. It's also one of the most accessible visas to get approved. The process can take up to six months, but once you've done it, it'll be much easier the second time. Here are five steps that will help you navigate the process and get your application ready for submission:

Ways to Immigrate to the USA 

There are many ways to immigrate to the USA, but some are easier than others. Some require more time and money than others. For example, if you want to be sponsored by a relative who lives in the US, this option is available to you. However, suppose you have no relatives or friends living in America. In that case, it may not be possible for your application to succeed as quickly or easily as possible when compared to other methods of immigration, such as marriage or tourist visas.

There are also different types of visa applications depending on whether they're sponsored by an employer/employee relationship (which involves working with someone already residing in America) or they're purely tourist visas that allow someone who doesn't intend on staying permanently within their country's borders but instead just visiting once every few years

1 - Get a job offer from a US employer.

The easiest way to immigrate to the United States is by getting an H1B visa and working for an American company that wants you on its team. But how do you go about finding this job? One way is through recruiting companies, typically based in Silicon Valley or New York City but also operate globally. These firms will help employers find candidates who match their requirements and then place them in positions suitable for their skill sets; after all, it's not uncommon for companies like Google or Facebook to hire interns from India (or anywhere else) so long as those interns have what they need—which could include programming chops!


2 - Employer files a petition (I-140) with immigration.

The employer files the I-140 petition on behalf of the foreign worker. It must contain proof that no US workers are available to do the job and that you are qualified for it. If your employer has a shortage of workers, they may file an I-140 petition with USCIS so that you can immigrate to the United States as long as they prove that there are no Americans who can fill your position at this time.

Filling out an I-140 petition takes four months and one year, depending on how complicated it is (and what type of work experience you have).

3 - Employer pays filing fee for the petition.

When they submit their petition, employers must pay a filing fee of $325 to USCIS. The employer can use their bank account or credit card to make the payment, but you must pay the fee before submitting your petition. If you don't send in your application within 60 days, then USCIS will charge you another $1 for each day that passes until they receive it (up to $3).

4 - Immigration reviews and approves the petition.

After you submit your petition, it must be reviewed by an immigration officer before the case can be approved or rejected. Processing times vary but are usually a few months. If you don't get approved, there are ways around this: You can reapply for adjustment of status (AOS) by submitting a new I-130 Petition for Alien Relative if:

  • You have reestablished ties with your family member; or
  • Your relative has been granted permanent resident status in the United States before; or
  • You were married to someone who was already in the United States at that time and applied for AOS on their behalf

5 - The petition is sent to National Visa Center for processing.

After completing Form I-130, your petition will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC acts as a middleman between the US government and beneficiaries applying for visas or green cards. They do not decide whether someone can get into the United States, but they help process petitions once USCIS has approved them.

6 - NVC sends out documents to the beneficiary (immigrant).

You can also send your documents to NVC by post. The beneficiary will fill out forms, submit them with necessary documents, and pay visa fees. They will have to make an appointment at the US embassy in their home country, where they will receive their interview date.

7 - Beneficiary fills out forms and submits them with necessary documents to NVC.

The beneficiary must complete the DS-160 online and mail it back to NVC. The DS-260 is a paper form you can print or download from the US State Department website. The NVC will send beneficiaries instructions on filling out these forms, but it's best if you ask for help from someone who has already done this process!

8 - Beneficiary pays visa fees and makes an interview appointment at the US embassy in their home country.

The beneficiary must pay the visa fee required by the US Embassy, usually between $200 and $300. The beneficiary will also need to make an appointment before arriving at the embassy to be physically present for the interview.

The H1B Visa is the most common type of visa used by immigrants to the US; over 65% of tickets given out every year are H1B's

The H1B visa is the most common type of visa used by immigrants to the US; over 65% of tickets given out every year are H1B's. The total number of H1B visas granted in 2019 was about 144,000.

In 2019, about 65% of these were for computer programmers and systems analysts (CPS), followed by 16% for engineers and 11% for other professionals like lawyers and physicians. There were also a few less popular categories, such as teachers or janitors, that got 5-6 percent each year but did not make up much over 1 percent overall.


With all these options, it’s easy to see why the H1B visa is so popular. The benefits of this visa include a higher salary and job security compared to other types and being eligible for green cards after three years in the US. However, if you want faster processing times or lower costs on your application with USCIS (the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services), consider applying through an American employer instead!

What's Your Reaction?