US Immigration Visa Processing Times | Start Application Now

Nowadays, the United States of America is one of the most popular destinations for immigrants. It offers an environment and a lifestyle that many people dream of. Immigrants to America are given many opportunities, but they need to be prepared for their new life by fully understanding what it takes to live in this country.

US Immigration Visa Processing Times | Start Application Now

One of the most important things you will need to do is apply for a US visa, otherwise known as an immigrant visa or green card application. In this article, we will explain how long does it take for your US immigration visa application to go through and list some tips on how to speed up its processing time by working with experienced immigration lawyers

US Immigration Visa

The US Immigration Visa (IV) is a permit to enter the United States. It may be issued by a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office or Consulate abroad, or may be a stamp in your passport and can be used on multiple trips to the U.S.

The IV allows you to visit family members in America, study at an American college/university without being required to apply for student status (i.e., F-1), work temporarily in America while waiting for permanent residency status (I-94 card), invest funds directly into businesses owned by Americans through EB5 programs such as H1B visas which require applicants meet certain criteria related strictly with job skills acquired during training periods abroad; marry someone who has already been legally married within 90 days prior same-sex marriage bill passed unanimously.

How long does it take to get a U.S. visa right now?

The process of getting a U.S. visa depends on the type of visa you want to apply for and where in the world you are applying from. It can take anywhere from two weeks to several months, depending on where in the world you're applying and what kind of visa it is (for example, an F1 student visa will be processed much faster than one for tourists).

  • For most visas: including tourist visas, business/tourist/recreation (B1/B2) visas, and nonimmigrant workers (H1B), students must apply at an embassy or consulate office located in their home country before applying online with us! You can check current processing times here:

  • Processing times are updated monthly; however, if there are any changes or delays, then we will let you know right away, so please keep checking back often!

Is the US visa application open now?

To get a US visa, you must first apply for a visa. There are two different types of visas:

  • Business or tourist visa: This type of visa is usually issued to individuals who want to work in the United States temporarily.

  • It allows them to stay for up to three years (or 30 days, whichever comes first) and work at any job they wish.

  • If you're applying for this type of business/tourist visa, then your employer must pay taxes on your salary before it can be paid out; otherwise, this kind of payment wouldn't be considered "taxable income" by the IRS—and thus wouldn't qualify as taxable income when reported on tax forms like the 1040s/1040A's Etcetera.

Is the US Embassy processing immigrant visa?

US Embassy processing immigrant visa is the same as any other U.S. Embassy or Consulate in that they will process your immigrant visa application and send it to the appropriate consular office for processing.

US Embassy processing immigrant visa for CR1, CR2, IR1, IR2, K1 and K3 visas are all processed by mail; however if you are applying for an employment-based immigrant visa (EB-5), then you may need to come in person at one of our satellite offices located throughout Southern California or Northern Nevada.

The embassy does not have direct access to their databases so if you are applying from another country we recommend using one of these satellite offices instead because they can access those databases directly without having to go through an intermediary agency like us!

The three(3) US Immigration Visa Processing Times:

1. K1 Visa

The K1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa for the fiancé or fiancée of a U.S. citizen. This type of visa is not available at all U.S. embassies and consulates but can be applied for by mail or in person at an American consulate located overseas if you are already residing in that country (K1 visa processing time varies based on location). To apply for your K1 Visa, fill out the online form with all required information and submit it through our secure website at

2. CR1 Visa

The CR1 visa is a family member of a US citizen visa. It is for your spouse, child or parent who are not eligible for their own visa. You can apply for this visa from outside the US and it allows you to live in the US.

If your family member has been admitted as a permanent resident before July 22, (when USCIS discontinued issuing visas under section 101(a)(27) of INA), they may still be eligible for an employment-based adjustment of status application after receiving their green card if they meet certain requirements:

  • They must have lived continuously in the United States since at least September 30th;

  • They must have been physically present in the United States on that date;

  • They must not have violated any law related to entry into or presence within the U.S.; and/or


3. IR1 Visa

An IR1 visa is the first step in the process of obtaining permanent residency in the United States. In order to qualify for an IR1 visa, you must be able to prove that you will have a job after your stay in America expires and show that you have enough money to support yourself until then. You also need to meet specific eligibility requirements set forth by USCIS (the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services). The following are some of those guidelines:

  • You must have graduated from high school or received an equivalent education while living outside of the US.

  • You may not be married or divorced from your spouse if this would result in your losing legal status as a dependent on another person's tax return.

Who is eligible for a US immigrant visa?

To be eligible for a US immigrant visa, you must:

  • Be legally qualified to work in the United States. This means that you must be able to submit evidence of your educational and professional qualifications (e.g., degrees, certifications), as well as evidence about your job history, including salary details.

  • Additionally, if you have lived outside the U.S., it's important to note that those who have lived abroad for less than five years will only receive one year of credit toward their total stay with their current employer before applying at another job site in America.

  • This restriction applies regardless of whether or not they are still working with that partner company or organization! For example: A person who has been working at Company X since 2016 could not apply again until 2020 when she had completed 2 years worth of service under Company X before moving on elsewhere – even though her new employer would probably be willing accept her services given that he knew how valuable she was during their time together.

What is an immigration visa in the USA called?

The term "immigration visa" is used in the United States to refer to several different types of immigration documents:

  • Green card (A permanent resident card, also known as an alien registration receipt card)

  • Permanent resident card (A document that proves you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States)

  • U.S. permanent residence permit/card and other similar terms

How much money do you need to immigrate to the USA?

The amount of money you need to immigrate depends on the size of your family. If you have a spouse and two children, then you would need at least $12,000 in your bank account to process the application. However, if you have three or more children, then it will cost an additional $5,000 per child (for example: if there are three children in your family and they're all under 18 years old).

Can you move to America without a job?

The short answer is yes, but not without some serious planning. If you’re moving to the United States as an immigrant, there are several things that will need to be in place before your visa application can be processed by U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The first thing that needs to happen is having an offer letter with your prospective employer signed and delivered by them directly or through their attorney (if applicable). You also need proof that you have the right visa type for this specific job offer; otherwise, USCIS may reject your application on grounds of fraud or misrepresentation and revoke future immigration benefits from being granted under this program.


The US government has a strict definition of who is eligible for immigration and how long it takes to get one. If you want to apply for a US immigrant visa, make sure you know the requirements for your country before you begin. You can find more information here:ée-and- spouse-immigrant

What's Your Reaction?