UFC Vegas 59 will feature a light heavyweight main event between former title challengers Thiago Santos and Jamahal Hill.
Santos is hoping to earn another opportunity at the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. He came close to defeating Jon Jones for the title at UFC 239 on July 6, 2019, but Jones won by split decision.
After UFC 239, Santos has lost three of his last four matches. He will try to make a statement against Hill to remind fans and the company that he is still a contender in the division.
© Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SPORTS
Hill is looking to win the biggest fight of his career so far against Santos. After winning the Dana White Contender Series on July 23, 2019, Hill gradually became a contender in the light heavyweight division.
His last win was against Johnnie Walker by knockout at UFC Vegas 48 on February 19, 2022. If Hill defeats Santos, he will be one step closer to being the number one contender for the light heavyweight title.
UFC Vegas 59 will also feature two fights to determine the winners of the Ultimate Fighter Season 30 heavyweight and women’s flyweight tournaments.
UFC Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman’s brother, Mohammed, will challenge Zack Pouga at heavyweight. Women’s flyweights Juliana Miller and Brogan Walker will also face off to determine who earns a contract with the UFC.
Check back on MMA News this weekend for our coverage of UFC Vegas 59: Santos vs. Hill,
UFC Vegas 59: Santos vs Hill Fight Card
(Final card and combat order subject to change)
- #6 Thiago Santos (22-10) vs #10 Jamahal Hill (10-1) – Light Heavyweight Main Event
- #6 Vincent Luke (21-8-1) vs. #13 Geoff Neill (14-4) – Welterweight Co-Main Event
- Mohammad Usman (7-2) vs Zack Puga (5-0) – Heavyweight Ultimate Fighter Championship
- Juliana Miller (2-1) vs. Brogan Walker (7-2) – Women’s Flyweight Ultimate Fighter Championship
- #14 Augusto Sakai (15-4-1) vs. Sergei Spivak (14-3) – Heavyweight
- Ariane Lipsky (14-7) vs. Priscilla Cachoira (11-4) – Women’s Flyweight
- Sam Elway (33-17-1) vs. Michal Oleksijuk (16-5) – Middleweight
- Terrence McKinney (12-4) vs. Eric Gonzales (14-6) – Lightweight
- Brian Battle (7-1) vs Takashi Sato (16-5) – Welterweight
- Jason Witt (19-8) vs Josh Quinlan (5-0) – Welterweight
- Corey McKenna (6-2) vs. Miranda Granger (7-2) – Women’s Strawweight
- Myra Bueno Silva (8-2-1) vs. Stephanie Egger (7-2) – Women’s Bantamweight
© Stephen R. Sylvaini-USA TODAY SPORTS © Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SPORTS
When is UFC Vegas 59: Santos Vs Hill?
UFC Vegas 59: Santos vs. Hill will take place on August 6 at UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Main card starts at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST. Prelims will take place at 7 PM EST / 4 PM PST. The UFC has advertised the timing on its website, but that could still change.
how to see?
UFC Vegas 59: Santos vs. The Hill main card and preliminary exam will be live streamed on ESPN+ in the United States. However, the prelims will also be telecast live on ESPN.